Amber Russell, PhD, Program Director; Jessica R. McCormick, MST, Academic Program Coordinator and Advisor
The Engineering Dual Degree Program (EDDP) is a partnership between the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Butler University and the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology at Indianapolis. Through this five-year undergraduate program, students can earn two degrees: a degree in engineering from Purdue University along with a degree from Butler University in one or more of the following disciplines: the natural sciences (astronomy/astrophysics, biology, chemistry, environmental studies, or physics); computer science; economics; mathematics; or science, technology, and society. Application for the EDDP is through Butler University, as well as student enrollment and residence for the duration of the program.
Why Study Engineering at Butler?
Two universities. Two degrees. One program.
- The EDDP provides a student with the opportunity for a diverse, creative, professional, technical, and liberal educational experience occurring through two quality, neighboring universities.
- Students have access to engineering degrees that are ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited and Butler University majors that rest upon a strong tradition of professional and liberal education.
- Our curriculum is integrated throughout the entire program. Most engineering courses are taught at Butler for the first three years of the program, with courses taken at both campuses (a five-mile commute) during the last two years.
- Students receive individualized academic support and regularly graduate with their two degrees in five years.
- Career services are available to EDDP students through Butler University, the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology at Indianapolis, and Purdue University at West Lafayette.
- One internship is required, which is typically completed during the summer; however, many students complete more than one or complement their internship with a research experience.
- Students have diverse educational experiences that lead to a wide range of career opportunities with a highly successful placement rate for graduates.
EDDP students select a major from both institutions.
Major Options at Butler University
- Art + Design
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- Science, Technology, and Society
Major Options at the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology at Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Motorsports Engineering
The EDDP curriculum can be viewed at the program website. Engineering courses are noted on the Butler University transcript with a departmental designation of DD.